Y-filter is also called pipeline filter. It is a common filtering device on the pipeline that transports the medium. It is usually installed at the inlet end of the pressure reducing valve, pressure relief valve, fixed water level valve or other equipment of the water supply system to remove the medium. The use of impurities in the valve protects the valve from sealing failure due to mechanical debris stuck in the sealing ring, thereby ensuring the normal operation of the valve and equipment.
1. Weakly corrosive materials in chemical and petrochemical production, such as water, ammonia, oil, hydrocarbons;
2. Corrosive materials in chemical production, such as caustic soda, soda ash, concentrated sulfuric acid, carbonic acid, acetic acid, ester acid;
3. Low temperature materials in refrigeration, such as liquid methane, liquid ammonia, liquid oxygen and various refrigerants;
4. Materials with sanitary requirements in the production of light industrial foods and pharmaceuticals, such as beer, beverages, dairy products, grain slurry and medical supplies.
1. Import and export path
In principle, the inlet and outlet diameter of the y-type filter should not be smaller than the inlet diameter of the matching pump, and generally the same as the inlet pipe diameter.
2. Nominal pressure
Determine the pressure level of the filter according to the highest pressure that may appear in the filter line.
3. Selection of the number of holes
The main consideration is the particle size of impurities to be intercepted, which is determined according to the requirements of the medium process.
4. Filter material
The material of the hydraulic filter is generally the same as the material of the connected process pipe. For different use conditions, consider choosing a hydraulic filter made of cast iron, carbon steel, low alloy steel or stainless steel.
5. Calculation of filter resistance loss
The water filter has a pressure loss of 0.52～1.2kpa under the general calculation of the rated flow rate.
The commonly used Y-filters have specifications of 10 mesh, 14 mesh, and 20 mesh. Y-filters can only be installed in horizontal pipelines. The flow direction of the medium must be consistent with the direction of the arrow marked on the shell.